West Wind Message Reader
Download for Message Reader
6 megs - fully self contained install)
Check out the West Wind Offline Message Reader to
participate in our Web forum using a rich user interface built with a Visual FoxPro
application that retrieves content over the Web. With the viewer you can
download messages and read and respond while offline. Create messages with
markup more easily with the rich editing support and markup toolbars. The viewer
also makes it much easier to track messages, see what's been read and what's
new. In addition the Reader incorporates the West Wind, Fox and SQL Wikis into
the UI providing a consolidated search interface.
If you visit the message board more than a couple of times a week you'll
definitely benefit from the versatility this free application provides. And
remember that message data gets stored locally in DBF files so you can archive
and search this data as needed for reference.
- Quick file upload and download via HTTP connection.
Downloading 200+ messages
at 28.8k takes less than 1 minute
- Message Download compression with ZIP file interface for
fast data downloads.
- Rich User interface combining a rich Web display with
Windows controls and quick local data access to messages
- View messages in fast text view or in graphical Web view
they look online
- Automatic message quoting with easy to read italic text
- Easily see unread messages
- Mark messages for follow-ups
- Mark up messages with built-in HTML formatting shortcuts
- Unread messages and threads are marked for easy
- Post messages with attachments and download attachments
from the Web
- Configure viewer with Vertical or Horizontal splitter bar
- Upload and download messages unattended at scheduled
- Signatures for messages
- Searching messages offline and online
- Save messages for later reference and searching
- And it's all pure Visual FoxPro code!
Source code is provided as part of the Enterprise Edition of West WindWeb Connection.
- Coming soon - full XML interface for data downloads
with helper queries so you can integrate messages and searching into your own
Here's an image of the main reader window, which shows
the message list and individual messages. Messages can be viewed in HTML mode (default) or
text mode for easy cut and paste of code and HTML.
Creating messages with the reader is also easy. A rich
user interface allows creation of formatted HTML messages by using shortcut keys or the
Format toolbar or menu. Text is optimized for displaying code as well as HTML text as part
of messages to allow viewing technical information with code or HTML listings directly
online. Messages can be previewed in Web view from the editor.
When you're ready to go online to retrieve and send
messages simply click on the Online toolbar button of the main form. The reader will go
online and retrieve all the requested messages for the selected forums for you. You can
also set up the reader to automatically download messages at set intervals.
The reader's a great tool for following discussions on
the message board regardless whether you're connected to the Web all the time or not.
Reading and composing messages in the viewer is much more intuitive than the online
version making for a much richer and more efficient reading experience.
Check out the reader today!